Provide training and practical assessment for those persons who need to implement and work to safe working procedures and permits for confined space entry.
Who should attend
All personnel who are directly involved in the planning, supervision and execution of work in confined spaces such as manholes, shafts, chambers, sewers, tanks etc
The aim of this unit is to assess learners against the national standard in a realistic high risk environment preparing to work safely; entering and exiting confined spaces safely; preparing and using self-contained open-circuit breathing apparatus; using equipment and tools safely; following procedures and dealing with emergencies.
There is also a behavioural emphasis on the candidate undertaking the assessment in an efficient and safe manner.
The unit also requires the learner to demonstrate sufficient general and water-specific knowledge through a mix of practical observation and written assessment.
* Prepare to enter and work safely in medium risk confined spaces.
* Enter and exit confined spaces safely.
* Prepare and use escape breathing apparatus in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
* Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
* Follow procedures and work safely.
* Deal with emergencies.
* Work with others.
* Use general knowledge for working in medium risk confined spaces and their environments.